Online Tobacco Domestic Payment Processing
PPS USA recently moved Internet Tobacco, from the Prohibited Merchant Category Code (MCC) list to the Elevated Risk MCC list. This puts the following MCCs in scope for boarding a MID:
- Non Face to Face Tobacco Products – MCC Code 5993, sub-MCC 6018
Internet Tobacco Details:
Please note the following important information when it comes to this business type:
- Electronic cigarettes and vaping products are NOT in scope and remain prohibited.
- Internet tobacco customers require additional due diligence that includes:
- Manual credit underwriting review
- Validation by the Website Review Team that the customer website meets the standard requirements, includes an age-verification process, and does not offer prohibited products
- Ensuring Card Brand Network requirements are met.
If you need further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org